Supports from Tom Renwick at Maths on Track
ON - LINE supports
Download practice sheets, including graded assessments tailored to Curriculum for Excellence, or, videos of key numeracy lessons as the need arises. Also, gain access to on-line versions of the acclaimed Wee Red Box, the old fashioned but highly effective technique which promotes 'working memory' and 'processing speed', both of which are essential ingredients of effective learning (sample the most used set of flash cards on the home page of the website).
There's also a lot of useful materials in the free downloads, including the mental agility progressions from P1 - S3 and the 'numeracy alphabet', a direct outcome of Tom Renwick's research into dyscalculia.
These on-line supports are low cost, with most home users buying in for £10 or £20, and the practice sheets and videos have proved so popular that the 'on track' DVD's are now being produced for each of the primary stages, as well as for Curriculum for Excellence levels 3 and 4.
FACE - TO - FACE supports for teachers and their pupils;
Tom visits schools to share Wee Red Box mental agility techniques with teachers and their classes, followed by a twilight session for staff on numeracy and the Curriculum for Excellence. This well received teacher support also benefits the pupils, and, the school receives their choice of any one of the 'on track' DVD's, for free! Cost is £675 / day, visit the news section to see all the the current bookings for Tom Renwick's school, parent and local authority supports.
FACE - TO FACE supports for parents and their children;
Tom gives evening talks for parents on behalf of the school, with their children also welcome to attend. Cost is £295 / evening, and he shares practical tips that enable you as parents to help your child(ren) with numeracy.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FROM THE STORE for school or home use;
If you're a registered user you can purchase low cost credits to download support materials as the need arises (and credits are valid for two years). Other resources include the 100+ board and the acclaimed actual Wee Red Boxes (£145 per box, available for each of the levels 1, 2 and 3 of Curriculum for Excellence) which some parents as well as teachers buy. Also, 'on track' DVD's now available -
- all the practice sheets and videos available to download from the website for 'starting' level 1 (so mainly for P1, P2 or P3), £60 / DVD
- all the practice sheets and videos available to download from the website for 'towards' level 1 (so mainly for P2, P3 or P4), £85 / DVD
- all the practice sheets and videos available to download from the website for 'at' level 1 (so mainly for P3, P4 or P5), £100 / DVD
- all the practice sheets and videos available to download from the website for 'starting' level 2 (so mainly for P4, P5 or P6), £110 / DVD
- all the practice sheets and videos available to download from the website for 'towards' level 2 (so mainly for P5, P6 or P7), £130 / DVD
- all the practice sheets and videos available to download from the website for 'at' level 2 (so mainly for P6, P7 or S1), £110 / DVD