Help and Support
The website is designed to be available 24/7 as long as you have internet access, a valid password, and, enough credits for what you want to download or access, as the need arises. It is currently not possible to use the website with an i-pad or i-phone.
To maximise your experience, please ensure you are using one of the following internet browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox versions: 25+
- Internet Explorer versions: 11+
- Google Chrome versions: 30+
- Safari versions: 5
- Opera versions: 10+
If your browser is not mentioned here, please download and install one of the above browsers - a google search will help you find the download site. We do not provide support for older versions of the browsers listed above.
Frequently Asked Questions
if you're experiencing any difficulty accessing and using the website please contact email@example.com
If you have any queries or feedback about any of the maths content, including suggestions for more video clips, practice sheets or Wee Red Box flash cards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0131 622 0278
1. I have downloaded a PDF worksheet but cannot find it. Quite often the file will automatically download to your browsers default download location. On Windows browsers this location is usually set in the "Options" Menu under tools. On Macintosh, look for "Preferences" under File.
2. What is the best player to use for the videos? Most players today will play the vidoes from Maths On Track. The files are in a universal file format called MPEG4 that can be played in most media players. We recommend either VLC player or Quicktime*. Windows Media will work as well but you will need a MP4 codec to play back the videos. If you are having trouble getting a Maths On Track video to play, email support with the name of the video and the name of the player you are trying to use. If you cannot open the file and/or get an error when trying to open the downloaded video, please see FAQ number 11.*Installation of any of these players is at your own risk. Please follow safe and secure browser practice whenever downloading software.
3. I have lost my password and cannot login. Please go to the Login Menu and select "Lost Password". Follow the instructions to complete a security test and receive your new password by email.
4. My internet connection dropped during a Wee Red Box flash card test. Do I have to spend credits again to retake the test? No, but there are restrictions. We have built the system in such away to accomodate for these types of events. The test will be available for 60 minutes from the time of purchase to retake. However you may see a different set of questions, but at the same level you selected. If after 60 minutes you still have not gotten back online, you will need to spend the credits again to take the test.
5. The answer sheets are greyed out and unclickable for each Practice Sheet. How Do I download the answer sheets? Each answersheet is only available to downlaod after you download its companion practice sheet. When the download for the practice sheet is complete, its answersheet will then be available for download.
6. Can I creat separate accounts for each of my children? Yes! In your account management, you can add up to 5 sub accounts. No names or personal information will be stored other than the username you choose for each user. These users are limited users and cannot buy credits or create accounts themeselves.
7. What do I do if I find a wrong answer? If you find a wrong answer, please send an email to email@example.com including information on which Wee Red Box or Answer sheet you were using, and which question was wrong. Upon confirmation he will add 50 free credits to you account!
8. How confident can I be that the resources in the website are compatible with Curriculum for Excellence? The CfE outcomes are more open-ended than their 5-14 level predecessors. The design criteria for the websites' resources has been to equate CfE level 1 with a quality 5-14 level B, CfE level 2 with a quality 5-14 level D (which not much more than 50% of P7's were achieving), CfE level 3 with a quality 5-14 level E+ (which please note, already has overlaps with standard grade General), and then the websites' expectations for level 4 goes beyond that. Given that CfE level 4 is being equated to standard grade general means that the websites' levels will be generally in advance of official requirements. Recent official advice also suggests that more able secondary pupils will be able to by-pass CfE level 4 and go straight onto Higher.
9. I've looked through the official Curriculum for Excellence documentation and see no mention of 'starting the level', 'towards the level' or 'at the level', which are labels for nearly all the websites' resources (the CfE has phrases like 'consolidate'). Can you explain that? CfE levels 1 and 2 both span three years, which is a long time. The website has the unique facility of identifying and providing resources for key numeracy skills that are suitable for P2, P3 and P4 (for level 1) and P5, P6 and P7 (for level 2), to try to encourage as many as possible to stay 'on track' for a quality level. It's important to have skills developments pulled out across the critical primary stages rather than descriptions that pertain more to just P4 and P7. It's an 'ontrack' facility to help ensure quality as we go.
11. The videos download but do not play in my player? The videos are compressed in a file format called ZIP is to ensure the file is not damaged when downloading and that the file does not contain any virus. You must extract the video from the zip file before playing. This article may help you understand and extract (or Unzip) a ZIP file. Or email support at Maths On Track.
12. What do I do if I need to return a product I purchased from the store? All returns must be accompanied by a packing slip and returned in the original packaging. There will be no cash refund for returned goods which are not faulty or damaged. All items will be inspected upon return and must be in a saleable condition to be eligible for credit. A 20% restocking fee will be applied on all returns unless goods are faulty or, are the result of errors made by either Maths on Track for Wee Red Boxes or by Direct Educational Services Ltd for the 100+ boards or 100+ mini boards. Returns of this nature must have the carriage cost borne by the purchaser.
13. I bought credits but how come I do not see any updates to my total? During the payment process you will be taken to a PayPal screen which is where the credits are purchased, and once completed, a message should be sent back to the site to update the total credits in your account. However, if you've closed the PayPal window before it sends you back to the Maths On Track site then the credits will not be allocated to your total. If you believe this has happened to you, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your username in the email, whereby we can adjust your credits manually.