Benefits of Signing Up
- mentally fluent (using the Wee Red Box) = good numeracy skills = better at maths
- access to an effective blend of downloadable practice sheets, videos, and, on-line Wee Red Box flash cards
- accessible 24/7, as the need arises
- based on a low cost credt system (as the need arises) with the DVD's now also available
- tailored to the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence, though beneficial anywhere in the world
- lots of useful items in the free downloads, including the highly acclaimed 'on track' mental agility progressions
As a teacher, with your pupils
Videos or practice sheets can be downloaded onto an electronic 'smart' board to use as an interactive lesson. Any video can be viewed, and any practice sheet can be printed out, as often as needed, with any class. The on-line Wee Red Box flash cards (which promote fluency in mental agility and good working memory) can also be used for interactive numeracy lessons - "I've never seen them so motivated" (S3 teacher), "What a wonderful resource the Wee Red Box is" (P4 teacher). The 'on track' DVD's also now contain all the downloadable practice sheets and videos for each primary stage, saving a lot of time and, giving the fuller picture for each stage. Now being used in over 300 Scottish schools and beyond.
As a parent, with your child(ren)
Any of the videos or practice sheets can be downloaded for using at home, as the need arises, and as often as required (and kept later for younger children in the family). Every practice sheet has answers available if required. Many of the videos make use of the effective visual numeracy techniques that Tom Renwick regularly shares with teachers at his in-services and school visits. The Wee Red Box flash cards have pass marks of 20/20 (they either know it or they don't, but it's great when they do!) and the website keeps a record of performance - users can build up their portfolio of success while at the same time improving their fluency in mental agility. You can see at a glance what your child can and can't do.
Feedbacks from parents
- "I now have a clearer understanding of the Curriculum for Excellence, and, I can see where my children need some extra help. They particularly seem to enjoy the on-line Wee Red Box flash cards, and it's good to see what they actually can and can't do."
- "Our daughter quickly got better at mental agility and her confidence really increased."
- "I found the practice sheets for Curriculum for Excellence levels 2 & 3 very helpful for my son now that he's started secondary school."